Melissa Buffaloe works in games, and Rebecca Kimmel brutalizes those younger, though not necessarily shorter than her in her teaching activities across the Southland. That's Los Angeles, ya'll. Yeeeee haaaaaaw! This blog is a quiet spot on the internets where we can post our feeble efforts toward artistic tomfoolery. This may include but is not limited to: sketches, drawings, paintings in both traditional and digital format, genteel musings, mad ravings, inspiration, and cats.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dreams of London Town

So I was contacted by a gallery in London, and they are interested in exhibiting my work. This is really exciting + scary! It seems they may be interested in showing existing work that I did for my graduate thesis show back in 2007, but may also be interested in representing me long term. This would be all sorts of awesomeness. This has given me a kick in the pants in the direction of creating more digital artwork. I'd like to do some experimental stuff and combine traditional stuff and photo collage in there as well - not totally sure yet. They were interested originally in some of the pieces I had created as a grad student, examples of which are above. I'm thinking of using that as a starting point, but hiring some models to get the ideas flowing for some new pieces. We'll see how this goes...

It's funny because when I showed these for my MFA thesis show, I think some people thought these were photographs, and not digital paintings. I'm thinking I need to combine some clearly non photographable elements in the new pieces to make it obvious that digital painting is involved.


2 comments:

kary said...

Yay and (now that we've clarified it) *\o/* !

Grats, hope it goes well :D

Rebecca Kimmel said...

Haha, thanks kary! :D

Followers