Melissa Buffaloe works in games, and Rebecca Kimmel brutalizes those younger, though not necessarily shorter than her in her teaching activities across the Southland. That's Los Angeles, ya'll. Yeeeee haaaaaaw! This blog is a quiet spot on the internets where we can post our feeble efforts toward artistic tomfoolery. This may include but is not limited to: sketches, drawings, paintings in both traditional and digital format, genteel musings, mad ravings, inspiration, and cats.

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sketch from Imagination

Edit - some photoshopping just to generate some ideas.

I have a weird confession for someone who's an artist: I've always hated sketchbooks. I know. It's bizarre. But for some reason, I've just always hated them, preferring to work large on the standard 18" x 24" format for a drawing pad. Vilppu though has said that the masters never worked very large for their initial sketches, and this sentiment has been running through my mind for ages. It's true that when I work large for initial ideas, I just run out of steam, or the idea gets lost in the details. So I decided to try to ideate some figurative works by working small in an 8" x 10" sketchbook. I must be the weirdest artist in the world to hate sketchbooks, but there you go.

Anyway - this is not much, just something from imagination. I spent part of the day at Otis drawing (students were having their finals today, so I just sat in the back and attempted to get back into the groove). I've got a few ideas about where to go with this...I think the next step will be hiring models for some sessions once I know exactly what I want.

I'll post up some of the drawings from this semester at Otis once I get proper pictures taken.

No comments:

Followers